Tuesday, February 24, 2009

2006 Pahlmeyer Chardonnay Napa Valley


I got a call last Friday night from my wife saying she was at the Press Club, a new Wine Tasting spot in Downtown SF. I have to say my excitement level was high, having heard great things about the mysterious cave-like venue. My palate was fresh and ready for some tasty wines. I was in luck. I picked their top-of-the-line Chardonnay, coming in at $8 a taste it was a little pricey. The flavor was spectacular, not to oakey but not to clean either it was a perfect mix, not to mention one the best finishes I've had on a Chardonnay. The finish on this wine was long and tasty. Seriously though the Almond Butter finish really did last at least two minutes. I loved this wine and I loved the Press Club. I'll see you all there soon! Retails for around $70.

No comments:

Post a Comment